Starting June 14th 2015, 8:30 at Corio Bay Rowing Club.
Entry Fee: $6 per week or $40 for the season.
In response to requests from the competitors, the 2014 Winter Sculling Series was moved to Sunday Morning and that seemed to work fine. On that basis the 2015 series will maintain the same day and format. That is; Single sculls will be raced on the “Barwon Mile”. The entries will be broken down into heats of approximately 10 competitors, and separating tub boat competitors and best boat rowers.
The first events will be the Round the Island Time Trial (3km) and Machine Gun Sprints (2 X 500m) to establish a handicapping time. After this, 6 events will follow with handicapped start and points awarded for finish position. The highest points score in Tub boats and Best boats will be the series winners.
The final event of the series will be the Sculler’s Head of the Barwon, a 4.5km race from Queen’s park to the finish of the Barwon Mile – also handicapped but against the speed of the World Champion in your category. (Referred to as Prognostic Speed Handicapping)
Following each event, all competitors and supporters are welcome back at Corio Bay Rowing Club for a celebratory drink, complimentary toasted sandwiches, heat awards and point score.
- June 14th – Round the Island on the Barwon
- June 21st – Machine Gun Sprints
- June 28th – Handicapped Race 1
- July 5th – Handicapped Race 2
- July 12th – Handicapped Race 3
- July 19th – Handicapped Race 4
- July 26th – Handicapped Race 5
- August 2nd – Handicapped Race 6
- August 8th (Saturday) – Sculler’s Head of the Maribyrnong*
- August 15th (Saturday) – Sculler’s Head of the Barwon
- August 22nd (Saturday) – Sculler’s Head of the Yarra*
* These events are conducted by the Victorian Scullers Association and wil be held on Saturday. They are open to all affiliated rowers but note that an additional fee applies.
For more information; call Peter Aberle 0404 452 482 or email@example.com